Only looking for candidates located in the Southeast.
Our Client is a 100 year old $6 billion global leader in the manufacturing, installation and service of vertical transportation, moving walkways, and automatic doors. They have an outstanding opportunity for a strategic-minded, human resources professional to assume the role of Human Resources Director for the Company’s South Region. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources and with a strong dotted line to the Senior Vice President of the South Region (daily interaction), this role will serve as a key member of both the Regional Leadership Team as well as the Human Resources Leadership Team for the Americas. In addition to ensuring that the transactional elements of human resources are handled flawlessly and acting as a focal point on matters at the regional level, the selected candidate will serve as a business partner to the Regional Executive and Leadership Team to achieve and sustain organizational workforce effectiveness in executing both company and regional business strategies. The Human Resources Director – South Region will serve on the America’s Human Resources Leadership Council and participate in the development and execution of the America’s global people strategies, human resource systems and programs and their continual improvement.
- Partners with Regional and the America’s Leadership Team to design and implement organizational structures, people strategies and organizational interventions that drive the execution of the business strategy and organizational/workforce effectiveness.
- Advises the Regional Management and Leadership Team to ensure full compliance with regard to all internal company policies and procedures as well as all Federal, State and local laws related to employee benefits, compensation, selection and training.
- Provides coaching and consultation to the Regional Management and Leadership Team on employee and labor relations practices necessary to maintain a positive employment relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement and commitment.
- Provides consultation, tools and resources to leadership that facilitates individual and team career development through performance management, talent assessment, succession planning, individual development plans, as well as on going feedback and analysis.
- Partners closely with Director of Labor Relations to provide consultation and direction to leadership on labor relations matters to include; strategy, participation in NEBA related projects/work groups, labor contract interpretation and administration; grievance administration, management training and negotiation preparation.
The selected candidate will possess:
- 10-15 years of progressive human resources experience within a company that clearly recognizes the value of a well-run human resources function.
- Demonstrated experience in multifunctional capacities as generalist or specialist.
- Experience in working across functional business lines in a multi-site organization.
- Strong preference for experience working across cultural/global organizations.
- Experience in working within an organized labor environment with an ability to interpret contract language and work rules along with a demonstrated ability to resolve labor disputes.
- Strong interpersonal skills that facilitate the development and fostering of strong relationships at all levels of the organization; positive in outlook with passion for the customer.
- Comfortable in managing through ambiguity and understands the necessity to modify established policies and/or practices to address individual situations.
- Demonstrated history of leading others with ironclad integrity to engender trust amongst peers and colleagues.
- Possesses the ability to challenge and be challenged.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, listening, influencing through compelling argument).
- Ability to manage self and priorities amidst an environment that constantly competes for your time and attention without day-to-day supervision.
- Highly sophisticated in personal PC skills and utilization of computer-based software.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time, not always being able to plan in advance.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business or related field; Masters Degree preferred.