The Freight Sales Account Executive develops strategies to solicit new business, expand business territories, and fulfill business quotas. He/she reviews inbound and outbound manifests (i.e., shipping reports) to identify new customers, business growth from existing customers, and shipment reductions. This position develops weekly sales recaps to provide senior management with summaries on new business, returning business, and at-risk business.
The primary responsibility of this position is to foster revenue growth and business development. To do this, the Freight Sales Account Executive tracks sales opportunities and develops a funnel of potential customers. He/she builds relationships with customer departments such as purchasing, and educates customers on UPS web site features and technological advantages. This individual also manages accounts by advising customers on billing processes, resolving inquiries and entertaining customers. The Freight Sales Account Executive promotes cross-functional sales by sharing sales leads, informing peers on freight service guidelines and service bundling opportunities, and collaborating on sales proposals.
- Develop weekly sales recaps and provide account tracking of customer achievements, losses and competitive information
- Analyze account recaps to monitor revenue trends and develop service recommendations
- Utilize shipping technology and systems for account activity review and customer database sign-up
- Train customers on use of web-based shipping and tracking functions
- Applies knowledge of customer business models and operating structures and offers sales solutions that support the customer’s strategic business objectives
- Applies knowledge of the features and business applications of services, products and customer-facing technology offerings and solutions
- Applies knowledge of freight structure and operations to resolve problems, make decisions and achieve business objectives
- Builds business partnerships and develops key customer relationships to maximize account profitability. Understands the customer’s business and aligns account strategies to customer goals
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor’s offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment
- Conducts customer analysis to identify customer needs, determine the impact of products/services on customers, and identify which products, services and features to promote to current/ potential customers
- Manages and establishes working relationships with vendors (e.g., suppliers, consultants, contractors)
- Measures and evaluates individual, group and business performance, results and goal attainment.
- Sets goals, identifies key indicators, uses measurement tools and identifies gaps
- Solves and identifies customer problems and uses appropriate internal resources to resolve complex customer issues
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- Must have sales experience from Business to Business to Consumer or experience in a UPS management job or suctomer facing role.
- Must have Bachelor's degree or previous experience in sales.
- Experience giving sales presentations is preferr