Our client, a Fortune 100, US technology Conglomerate, is expanding their Carrier Team due to success and growth. They are currently looking for a Director of Sales, specializing in network security, selling within the service provider market place.
In this role, the Sales Director will be responsible for driving sales opportunities and managing most important telecommunications customers. This position will be held accountable for helping achieve specific direct sales revenue goals as well as perform agreed upon major business objectives designed to further company wide business goals. This position will report to the SVP of Global Sales and Services and will require a moderate level of travel.
The sales director responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting sales presentations and demonstrations for existing and potential customers
as well as partners.
- Management of the customer relationship with all targeted opportunities and prospects
during the sales process. This includes maintaining relationship with
contacts within the customer and channel partner, keeping account information
up to date in CRM system, and attendance at all sales and management meetings
regarding the customer.
- Detailing/presenting product features, operation, support services and outlining the resulting value propositions to customer/partner.
- Defines and executes account strategy within the larger framework of corporate
- Consulting with clients and operations teams on specific new system features and
- Communicating and collaborating with product and other technical resources to meet customer and sales goals.
- Coordinating the response to RFP/RFI/RFQs.
- Developing and updating strategic sales plans to describe the process plan and progress against objectives.
- Providing detailed, timely customer feedback and status on progress of strategic sales
- Achievement of an annual quota target that is set based upon corporate criteria combined with business potential of the target area.
Required Skills and Experience
Previous Sales experience
(seeking 5-10 years minimum) for a systems supplier, defense contractor, data
network vendor, service provider or network security company including both
presentation and hands-on channel/account management responsibilities:
- Proven track record of selling and consulting with data communications customers in
their pursuit of system solutions
- Strong consultative and solution sales skills are crucial for success in this
- Broad understanding of network topologies, equipment and protocol analysis is
- Previous experience successfully responding to RFIs, RFPs, RFQs to telecom customers
and/or data service/hosting providers
- Excellent communication skills and familiarity with computer tools, such as MS Powerpoint, Salesforce.com, Excel, MS Word.
- Strong etwork carrier security and packet analytic experience is desirable