Our client, an Inc. Magazine Hall of Fame company, helps companies manage their Human Resources more strategically and cost-effectively.
Our client helps companies manage their Human Resources more strategically and cost-effectively. They give their customers the economies of scale they need to access and deploy Fortune 500-caliber payroll, benefits, and HR services. Our client has a nationwide presence, an experienced management team, and belongs to the Inc. Magazine Hall of Fame for being one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies for five consecutive years. They are a mature organization that embraces and rewards both bold strategy and disciplined execution. Our client seeks a dynamic and innovative Director of Sales.
The Director of Sales will:
- Provide leadership and support to a team of outside sales consultants focused on generating new business, maintaining our customer base and increasing our market share in a highly consultative environment.
- Manage outsourced B2B services sold directly to the small to medium-sized business (SMB) market, particularly when it involves educating prospects and strategic partners
- Refine the sales strategy, select the tools, and mobilize your team.
- Build a team, and use your demonstrated communication skills and ability to motivate others to lead by example in a dynamic growth organization.
- Minimum of six years consultative sales experience and eight years of sales experience are required.
- Previous sales management experience in a B2B environment, preferably selling in the banking, VC, high tech and emerging/growth industries.
- It is critical that the Director of Sales possess strong financial and analytical skills and be familiar with the economies of operating a small business.
- The successful candidate will possess key entrepreneurial traits such as confidence, an inquisitive nature, resiliency, tenacity, high energy, self-reliance, independent thinking, a sense of urgency, persistence, drive, determination and professionalism.
- The successful candidate will be a good conversationalist who is energized by meeting and talking with people.
- Experience using sales contact management systems (Salesforce.com or equivalent) to support the sales process is mandatory. Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office suite is also required.
- Must be able to work on a team as well as be able to work independently.
- Excellent skills in the areas of time management, organization and professional presentations are very important.
- President's Club, Chairman's Circle, and other awards of recognition are highly desirable.