This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders.com now for access to 66 open jobs.
Dean & DeLuca seeks a strategic and financially-oriented Chief Financial Officer to lead the finance, treasury and accounting aspects of the company, in close collaboration with the other members of the company’s leadership team (CEO, President, VP Ops), leaders of the company’s majority owner Leslie Rudd Investment Company (CFO, Finance Director, General Counsel, VP-Talent), and the board of directors.
This role will be based in Wichita, Kansas, though it is expected that the CFO will undertake some travel (30%) both within the US and internationally.
Key areas of accountability
- Be an active participant in, and driver of, Dean & DeLuca’s overall strategy and operating plan
- Maintain a forward-looking focus: Proactively identify performance-improvement opportunities (top and bottom line), and aggressively drive the leadership team to capture them
- Partner with the CEO, President, and Vice President of Operations, on all strategic and operational issues when they arise. Provide and implement recommendations based on financial analysis and projections
- Serve as key liaison/partner with majority shareholder and board of directors on financial matters relating to the company
Financial and operational management:
- Help improve decision-making by staying close to the business, including spending time in the US store operations, and with current and future international license partners
- Oversee annual budgeting and updated forecasting processes (including identifying and implementing actions to improve performance versus projections), and monitor progress and report results to managers and the board
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of monthly/quarterly/annual financial results, including management, Board and 3rd party reporting
- Ensure appropriate cash management processes and practices are in place, including working capital and capital expenditures
- Ensure relevant performance metrics are in place to assess and improve performance behavior in the various business lines within the company (retail units, direct (internet/catalog) business, international, etc.)
- Coordinate 3rd party activities including bank communication/reporting, external audit, and others as appropriate
- Evaluate the current finance and accounting team, and upgrade as needed
- Develop and manage direct staff, Controller and Finance Director, and the staff that report to them
- Serve as point-person for working with and managing shared services provided by Leslie Rudd Investment Company (e.g. legal, human resources, tax, etc.
Systems and processes: Adopt and adjust systems and processes to support the company’s business objectives. Maintain discipline around delivering financial returns from investments in systems and processes.
Qualifications and competencies
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Entrepreneurial mindset: An ‘ownership mentality’ for the business, as exhibited by: competitive spirit, a strong desire to succeed, bias toward action, calculated risk-taking, a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude, and willingness to dive into financial and operational details
Retail leadership experience: The ideal candidate will have successfully led the finance fuction for one or more multi-site businesses in a retail environment (preferably gourmet grocery and/or food service/restaurant). Substantial experience in other categories of retail may be an acceptable substitute for an otherwise highly-qualified candidate.
Education: Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant major. CPA and MBA are preferred but not required.
There will be a competitive salary and annual cash bonus opportunity based on achievements. Moreover, the Board’s compensation philosophy is centered on long term alignment of interests through the sharing in value creation via the Long Term Incentive Plan.
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT $100K+ POSITIONS FOR YOU - BEFORE THEY'RE FILLED!
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
You deserve a better way to search.
Join TheLadders today.